We Believe In Fighting For Civil Rights
Martha graduated summa cum laude from the University of New Mexico School of Law in 2005 and was ranked first in her class. She was a member of the Order of the Coif. She was awarded thesis honors, the W.E. and Hazel T. Bondurant merit scholarship, the West Award for Outstanding Contribution to Scholarship, and the LexisNexis Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement. She was a staff member and the Coordinating and Processing Editor for the Natural Resources Journal.
After law school, Martha had the good fortune to work first at Freedman, Boyd, Daniels, Hollander & Goldberg law firm, and then at the New Mexico Court of Appeals, where she was a senior staff attorney. She served on the New Mexico Supreme Court Rules of Appellate Procedure Committee, the New Mexico Supreme Court Joint Rules Committee, and the New Mexico Supreme Court Ad Hoc Appellate Technical Manual Revisions Committee.
Martha left her work as a lawyer in 2014 and spent the next seven years living in retreat centers and Buddhist monasteries. She voluntarily withdrew from the New Mexico State Bar in 2016.
Martha returned to New Mexico in 2021 and joined Ives & Flores, doing legal research and writing. Martha was reinstated to active status as an attorney in 2022.
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- J.D. - 2005
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif, Member
- Honors: W.E. and Hazel T. Bondurant merit scholarship
- Honors: West Award for Outstanding Contribution to Scholarship
- Honors: LexisNexis Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement
- Honors: Natural Resources Journal, Staff Member and the Coordinating and Processing Editor
- State ex rel. Martinez v. City of Las Vegas: The Misuse of History and Precedent in the Abolition of the Pueblo Water Rights Doctrine in New Mexico, 45 NAT. RESOURCES J. 1089, 1094-96, 2005
- News articles, American Archaeology magazine, 2002
- Dogs Throughout History: The Story of the Boxer (PowerKids Press 2000)
- Dogs Throughout History: The Story of the Beagle (PowerKids Press 2000)
- Freedman, Boyd, Daniels, Hollander & Goldberg law firm
- New Mexico Court of Appeals, Senior Staff Attorney